Class Afloat is experiential education at its very best.
Whether at sea or exploring a port of call, learning is always hands-on.
Learn Art History in Europe or study Marine Biology while sailing the Mediterranean. Whatever your course of study, your itinerary will be unforgettable. Classroom learning is enriched through port programs and shipboard activities carefully designed to engage students and bring the curriculum to life.
Sail to 20 ports of call on 4 continents aboard a majestic tall ship. Take part in port programs that include historic and cultural excursions, participate in home stay and volunteer service projects. Engage in sensible, sensitive and sustainable practices, understand your role as a global citizen. Acquire a 21st century international education experience.
Discover the World with Class Afloat
1. Extended Port visitsOur port visits vary depending on the location, but on average the ship stops in each port for 3-5 days. In addition to organized programs, students are granted free time while in port to explore new surroundings, engage with local culture and activities from volunteering with a local animal shelter to shopping, surfing, snorkelling and sampling local cuisine.
2. Awesome ItinerariesStudents explore historic sites, attend cultural events, visit scientific institutions and explore unique and awe-inspiring landscapes.
3. Port visits that are tied to our curriculumPort visits are filled with unique and life-changing activities. Where possible, our Head of School will align port programs with relevant curriculum.
- Develop your strengths
- Define your goals
- Consider your weaknesses
- Set your moral compass
- Pursue your passions
- Make a difference – to your life and the world around you
- Push your boundaries
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills
- Build lifelong friendships
- Explore group values
- Embrace environmentally sustainable behaviour
- Join a community of 60 students from around the world
- Sail and learn with an international community
- Take a role on the world stage
- Define your place as an active global citizen
- Explore diverse cultures and values
- Examine social justice issues
- Engage in political debate
- Empower others to effect positive change
Latest from the Travel Journal
Experiential Education At its finest
- What is Class Afloat?
- Sail With Us!
- Port Programs
- Living Aboard The Gulden Leeuw
- Full Ship Tour
- Gulden Leeuw, Ship Tour - Alexandrine Lauze
- Graduation Video 2018-2019
- Graduation Video 2016-2017
- Class Afloat Graduation Video 2014-2015
- A Day in the Life of a Class Afloat Student
- Parent Testimonials 2016-2017
- Hear From Class Afloat Students
- Life on an Angle